Terms of Service
These Terms of Service constitute the agreement (“Agreement”) between Bullroar Telecom Ltd. (“we,” “us” or “BULLROAR”) and the user (“you,” “user” or “Customer”) of BULLROAR’s communications services (“Service”). This Agreement governs both the Service and any devices, sold or otherwise furnished to you by BULLROAR (“Device” or “Equipment”).
1. 911 SERVICE & LIMITATIONS
1.1 911 Background
IN THE UNITED STATES, EMERGENCY SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY DIALING THE DIGITS “911.” WITH BASIC 911 SERVICE, WHEN YOU DIAL 911, LOCAL EMERGENCY OPERATORS ANSWERING THE CALL WILL NOT HAVE YOUR CALL BACK NUMBER OR YOUR EXACT LOCATION, SO YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO GIVE THEM THIS INFORMATION. UNTIL YOU GIVE THE OPERATOR YOUR PHONE NUMBER, HE/SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL YOU BACK OR DISPATCH HELP IF THE CALL IS NOT COMPLETED OR IS NOT FORWARDED, IS DROPPED OR DISCONNECTED, OR IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SPEAK. WITH ENHANCED 911 (E911) SERVICE, WHEN YOU DIAL 911, YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER AND REGISTERED ADDRESS IS SIMULTANEOUSLY SENT TO THE LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTER ASSIGNED TO YOUR LOCATION, AND EMERGENCY OPERATORS HAVE ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION THEY NEED TO SEND HELP AND CALL YOU BACK IF NECESSARY. CERTAIN CUSTOMERS DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO EITHER BASIC 911 OR E911 BECAUSE THERE ARE NO LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTERS IN THEIR AREA OR THEY DID NOT REGISTER FOR AN E911 SERVICE ADDRESS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO BASIC 911 OR E911, YOUR 911 CALL WILL BE SENT TO THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER. A TRAINED AGENT AT THE EMERGENCY CALL CENTER WILL ASK FOR THE NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND LOCATION OF THE CUSTOMER CALLING 911, AND THEN CONTACT THE LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTER FOR SUCH CUSTOMER IN ORDER TO SEND HELP.
- EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS WHERE 911 CALLS WILL BE SENT TO THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER INCLUDE WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM VALIDATING A CUSTOMER'S ADDRESS DURING 911 ADDRESS REGISTRATION, OR THE CUSTOMER IS LOCATED IN AN AREA THAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LANDLINE 911 NETWORK.
- EMERGENCY PERSONNEL DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR PHYSICAL LOCATION WHEN YOUR 911 CALL IS ROUTED TO A NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER. THEREFORE, YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO GIVE THE OPERATOR YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND LOCATION AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT THE OPERATOR MIGHT REQUEST. BY SIGNING UP FOR BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE YOU AUTHORIZE THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER TO DISCLOSE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO THE THIRD PARTY OR PARTIES INVOLVED WITH PROVIDING EMERGENCY SERVICES TO YOU, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CALL ROUTERS, CALL CENTERS AND LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTERS.
1.2 Bullroar’s basic 911 or e911 service is different than traditional 911 land line service. Consequently, you must be aware of the following.
YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR LOCATION. FOR EACH PHONE LINE THAT YOU UTILIZE WITH BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER THE PHYSICAL LOCATION (“REGISTERED LOCATION”) OF YOUR EQUIPMENT (E.G., SIP PHONE, PHONE ADAPTER, ETC.) WITH BULLROAR BY CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE. YOU MUST REMEMBER TO UPDATE THE REGISTERED LOCATION WHENEVER THE PHYSICAL LOCATION CHANGES. BULLROAR’S ONLY MECHANISM FOR ROUTING 911 CALLS TO THE CORRECT EMERGENCY CALL TAKER IS THE REGISTERED LOCATION FOR THE ACCOUNT. ANY ENHANCED LOCATION INFORMATION PASSED TO AN EMERGENCY OPERATOR BY BULLROAR WILL BE BASED UPON THE REGISTERED LOCATION PROVIDED TO BULLROAR BY YOU. FOR PURPOSES OF 911 DIALING, YOU MAY ONLY REGISTER ONE REGISTERED LOCATION AT A TIME FOR EACH PHONE LINE.
You acknowledge and understand that your failure to provide the current and correct physical address and location of your Equipment as the Service Address will result in any emergency calls you make being routed to the incorrect local emergency service provider. During the ordering process, you will provide BULLROAR the physical address where you will use your Service. When you dial 911 with BULLROAR, your call will be routed to the general telephone number for the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or local emergency service personnel designated for the Service Address you have registered with BULLROAR. You acknowledge and understand that you may not be routed to a dispatcher who is specifically trained and designated to receive incoming emergency response calls, and it is possible that the lines at the PSAP will be occupied and that you will get a busy signal.
1.2.1 Your E911 service with Bullroar will not be available under the following circumstances.
(1) RELOCATION OF YOUR VOIP EQUIPMENT: IF YOU RELOCATE THE EQUIPMENT THAT YOU USE TO ACCESS BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE, YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR REGISTERED LOCATION. IF YOU DO NOT UPDATE YOUR REGISTERED LOCATION, ANY 911 CALL YOU MAKE USING BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE WILL BE ROUTED BASED ON YOUR PREVIOUSLY PROVIDED REGISTERED LOCATION AND THEREFORE MAY NOT BE ROUTED TO THE APPROPRIATE PUBLIC SAFETY ANSWERING POINT FOR YOUR CURRENT LOCATION. ONCE YOU NOTIFY BULLROAR OF A CHANGE IN YOUR REGISTERED LOCATION, THERE MAY BE A DELAY IN MAKING THE NEW REGISTERED LOCATION AVAILABLE TO PROPERLY ROUTE 911 CALLS AND TO ADVISE EMERGENCY PERSONNEL OF YOUR REGISTERED LOCATION.
- (2) RE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED IF YOU CHANGE YOUR NUMBER OR ADD OR PORT NEW NUMBERS: YOUR BULLROAR VOIP 911 SERVICE WILL NOT FUNCTION IF YOU CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR IF YOU ADD OR PORT NEW PHONE NUMBERS TO YOUR ACCOUNT, UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU SUCCESSFULLY REGISTER YOUR LOCATION OF USE FOR EACH CHANGED, NEWLY ADDED OR NEWLY PORTED PHONE NUMBER AND RECEIVE CONFIRMATION FROM BULLROAR.
- (3) INTERNET CONNECTION FAILURE: IF THERE IS AN INTERRUPTION OF YOUR BROADBAND OR HIGH-SPEED INTERNET ACCESS SERVICE, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE DURING THAT INTERRUPTION AND THEREFORE WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO 911 SERVICE DURING THAT INTERRUPTION. IN ADDITION, SINCE THE SERVICE IS DEPENDENT ON THE BROADBAND CONNECTION, THE AVAILABILITY OF AN ADEQUATE POWER SUPPLY AND CORRECT EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION, BULLROAR DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. BULLROAR WILL NOT OFFER CREDITS FOR SERVICE FAILURES DUE TO POWER OUTAGES OR DISRUPTIONS IN YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION.
- (4) EQUIPMENT FAILURE AND MISCONFIGURATION: BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE WILL NOT FUNCTION IF THE EQUIPMENT ON YOUR PREMISES OR ANY EQUIPMENT INCLUDING SOFTWARE, NETWORK, ETC. IN OUR LOCATIONS (OFFICES, DATA CENTERS) FAILS FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES OR MISCONFIGURATION EITHER BY BULLROAR, THE CUSTOMER AND/OR ANY OF OUR VENDORS. BULLROAR DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT A FAILURE OF EQUIPMENT CAN OCCUR AND IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO RETAIN ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF COMMUNICATION.
- (5) LOSS OF ELECTRICAL POWER: BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE WILL NOT FUNCTION IN THE ABSENCE OF ELECTRICAL POWER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE PHONE SERVICE OR 911 SERVICE DURING ANY POWER OUTAGE.
- (6) NON-VOICE SYSTEMS: BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICES ARE NOT SET UP TO FUNCTION WITH OUTDIALING SYSTEMS INCLUDING HOME SECURITY SYSTEMS AND MEDICAL MONITORING EQUIPMENT. BY SIGNING UP FOR BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE YOU WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST BULLROAR FOR INTERRUPTION OR DISRUPTION OF SUCH SYSTEMS BY BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE.
- (7) CALLS OUTSIDE THE U.S.: IF YOU MOVE YOUR BULLROAR VOIP SERVICE EQUIPMENT OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, YOUR 911 SERVICE WILL NOT WORK. CHECK THE EMERGENCY CALLING PROCEDURES FOR THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT EMERGENCY CALLING PROCEDURES.
- (8) TERMINATION OF SERVICE: 911 SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IF YOUR SERVICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED OR TERMINATED BY YOU OR BY BULLROAR. You acknowledge and understand that a service outage due to suspension of your account as a result of billing issues or any other reason, including, but not limited to those reasons described elsewhere in this Agreement, will prevent ALL Service, including the limited emergency response service.
- (9) NETWORK CONGESTION AND/OR REDUCED SPEED FOR ROUTING EMERGENCY CALLS: You acknowledge and understand that calls made using the limited emergency response service of BULLROAR may be subject to network congestion and/or reduced routing speed and the call may fail.
- (10) OTHER LIMITATIONS: THE LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICE OPERATOR RECEIVING BULLROAR VOIP SERVICE’S E911 EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS MAY NOT HAVE A SYSTEM CONFIGURED FOR E911 SERVICES OR BE ABLE TO CAPTURE AND/OR RETAIN AUTOMATIC NUMBER OR LOCATION INFORMATION. THIS MEANS THAT THE OPERATOR MAY NOT KNOW THE PHONE NUMBER OR PHYSICAL LOCATION OF THE PERSON WHO IS MAKING THE BULLROAR VOIP SERVICE E911 CALL. DUE TO TECHNICAL FACTORS IN NETWORK DESIGN, AND IN THE EVENT OF NETWORK CONGESTION ON THE BULLROAR NETWORK, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A BULLROAR 911 CALL WILL PRODUCE A BUSY SIGNAL OR WILL EXPERIENCE UNEXPECTED ANSWERING WAIT TIMES AND/OR TAKE LONGER TO ANSWER THAN 911 CALLS PLACED VIA TRADITIONAL TELEPHONE NETWORKS. IN ADDITION, A LOCAL OR NATIONAL DISASTER AND SUBSEQUENT SPIKE IN THE NUMBER OF CALLS MAY RESULT IN LONG CONNECTION TIMES, BUSY SIGNALS OR FAILURES TO CONNECT.
1.2.2. You must notify all users of these limitations.
YOU MUST INFORM ALL POTENTIAL USERS WHO MAY BE PRESENT AT THE PHYSICAL LOCATION WHERE YOU UTILIZE BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE OF THE IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES IN AND LIMITATIONS OF BULLROAR’S VOIP 911 DIALING AS COMPARED WITH BASIC 911 OR E911 PROVIDED BY TRADITIONAL LANDLINE TELEPHONE SERVICE.
1.2.3. You must affix the provided warning labels to your voip equipment.
BULLROAR WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH WARNING LABELS REGARDING THE LIMITATIONS OR UNAVAILABILITY OF 911 EMERGENCY DIALING (THE “911 STICKER”). YOU MUST PLACE ONE OF THESE 911 STICKERS ON EACH TELEPHONE AND ON ANY OTHER DEVICE WHICH WILL BE USED WITH YOUR BULLROAR VOIP SERVICE. IF YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL 911 STICKERS, PLEASE CONTACT BULLROAR’S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
1.2.4. Alternative arrangements
BY SIGNING UP FOR BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE LIMITATIONS OF BULLROAR’S 911 SERVICE, THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ACCESSING EMERGENCY SERVICE. IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO EMERGENCY SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO PURCHASE, FROM A THIRD-PARTY SEPARATELY FROM BULLROAR, TRADITIONAL WIRELESS OR LANDLINE TELEPHONE SERVICE AS A BACKUP MEANS OF COMPLETING EMERGENCY CALLS. IF THE SERVICE IS USED IN A HOME OFFICE ENVIRONMENT, IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED FOR PERSONAL, RESIDENTIAL, NONBUSINESS OR NONPROFESSIONAL COMMERCIAL USE. A HOME OFFICE USER MUST PROVIDE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL EMERGENCY CALLS.
- (1) BULLROAR DOES NOT SUPPORT TRADITIONAL 911 AND E911 ACCESS TO EMERGENCY SERVICES. The limited emergency response service accessible by BULLROAR differs in a number of important ways from traditional emergency response services as further explained below. You agree to inform any potential users and other third persons who may be present at the physical location where the Service is utilized (whether home or office) as to the important limitations on emergency response service.
- (2) THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICE MAY NOT RECEIVE AUTOMATED NUMBER AND LOCATION IDENTIFICATION. You acknowledge and understand that when you call 911 using the Service, the local emergency personnel receiving your call may not be able to identify your phone number or the physical address from which you are calling. You will need to state the nature of your emergency promptly and clearly, including your telephone number and location. You acknowledge and understand that the individual answering the call may not be able to call you back or find your location if the call is unable to be completed, is dropped or disconnected, or if you are unable to tell them your phone number and physical location and/or if the Service is not operational for any reason, including without limitation those reasons listed elsewhere in this Agreement.
- (3) EMERGENCY CALLS FROM A LOCATION OTHER THAN YOUR SERVICE ADDRESS MAY NOT BE DIRECTED CORRECTLY TO A LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER. You acknowledge and understand that if you use your Equipment and the Service to call 911 from a location other than the Service Address that you have registered with BULLROAR (e.g., if you move or use the Service while you are traveling), your call will not be routed to the correct local emergency service provider. The provider to whom any such 911 calls are routed will be unable to transfer the call to a local emergency service provider in the area from which you are calling.
1.3 Disclaimer of liability and indemnification
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT BULLROAR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SERVICE OUTAGE AND/OR INABILITY TO DIAL 911 OR ANY OTHER EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER USING BULLROAR OR TO ACCESS AN EMERGENCY SERVICE OPERATOR DUE TO THE 911 DIALING CHARACTERISTICS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS BULLROAR, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS WHO FURNISH SERVICES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES) BY, OR ON BEHALF OF, YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY OR USER OF THE SERVICE RELATING TO THE FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO 911 DIALING. IN ADDITION, BULLROAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER WHETHER, OR THE MANNER IN WHICH, CALLS USING BULLROAR’S 911 SERVICE ARE ANSWERED OR ADDRESSED BY ANY LOCAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER. BULLROAR DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF LOCAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTERS AND THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALLING CENTER. BULLROAR RELIES ON THIRD PARTIES TO ASSIST US IN ROUTING 911 SERVICE CALLS TO LOCAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTERS AND TO A NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALLING CENTER. BULLROAR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY IN THE EVENT SUCH THIRD PARTY DATA USED TO ROUTE CALLS IS INCORRECT OR YIELDS AN ERRONEOUS RESULT. NEITHER BULLROAR NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS AND ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER WHO FURNISHES SERVICES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE MAY BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR LOSS, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE BULLROAR 911 SERVICE UNLESS SUCH CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AROSE FROM BULLROAR’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. YOU SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS BULLROAR, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS AND ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER WHO FURNISHES SERVICES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH BULLROAR’S VOIP SERVICE, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS FEES) BY, OR ON BEHALF OF, YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO THE ABSENCE, FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING 911 SERVICE, INCORRECTLY ROUTED 911 SERVICE CALLS, AND/OR THE INABILITY OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE TO BE ABLE TO USE 911 SERVICE OR ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL. THESE PROVISIONS SUPPLEMENT AND DO NOT LIMIT ANY OTHER INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Service is offered on a Contract Term basis for a term that begins on the date that BULLROAR activates your service. The term of this Agreement shall automatically renew for an unlimited number of successive one-month periods thereafter, without adjusting the terms of this contract, unless you deliver written notice of non-renewal at least twenty (20) days before the end of the then-current monthly term. Expiration of the term or disconnection of Service will not excuse you from paying all accrued and unpaid charges due under this Agreement.
2.2 Use of Service and Device
If you subscribe to BULLROAR’s services, the Service and Device are provided to you for commercial use by your organization only. You shall not resell, lease, loan, rent, or otherwise transfer the Service to another party without our prior written consent.
2.3 Prohibited Uses
- (1) Unlawful. You shall use the Service and the Device only for lawful purposes. We reserve the right to immediately disconnect your Service without notice, if, in our sole discretion, we determine that you have used the Service or the Device for an unlawful purpose. In the event of such disconnection, you will be responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the current term, including, without limitation, unbilled charges, plus a disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will become immediately due and payable upon disconnection of your Service. If we believe that you have used the Service or the Device for an unlawful purpose, we may forward the relevant communication and other information, including your identity, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution. In addition, BULLROAR may provide information in response to law enforcement requests, lawful government requests, subpoenas, court orders, etc.
- (2) Inappropriate Conduct. You shall not use the Service or the Device in any way that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, or any similar behavior. We reserve the right to immediately disconnect your Service without notice, if, in our sole and absolute discretion, we determine that you have used the Service or the Device in any of the aforementioned ways. In the event of such disconnection, you will be responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the current term, including, without limitation, unbilled charges, plus a disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will become immediately due and payable upon disconnection of your Service. If we believe that you have used the Service or the Device in any of the aforementioned ways, we may forward the relevant communication and other information, including your identity, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution. In addition, we may provide information in response to law enforcement requests, subpoenas, court orders, etc. Furthermore, BULLROAR reserves all of its rights at law and equity to proceed against anyone who uses the Services illegally or improperly.
2.4 Copyright, Trademark
The Service and Device and any firmware or software used to provide the Service, or provided to you in conjunction with providing the Service, or embedded in the Device, and all Services, information, documents and materials on our websites are protected by trademark, copyright or other intellectual property laws and international treaty provisions. All of our websites, corporate names, service marks, trademarks, trade names, logos and domain names (collectively “marks”) are and will at all times remain our exclusive property. Nothing in this Agreement grants you the right or license to use any of our marks.
2.5 Theft of Service
You shall not use the Service in a manner calculated to avoid BULLROAR policies and procedures. You shall not obtain or use the Services in an improper manner. You shall notify us immediately, in writing or by calling our support line, if the Device is stolen or if you become aware at any time that your Service is being stolen, fraudulently used or otherwise being used in an unauthorized manner. When you call or write, you must provide your account number and a detailed description of the circumstances of the Device theft, fraudulent use or unauthorized use of Service. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in the disconnection of your Service and additional charges to you. Until such time as we receive notice of the theft, fraudulent use or unauthorized use, you will be liable for all use of the Service using a Device stolen from you and any and all stolen, fraudulent or unauthorized use of the Service.
2.6 Service Distinctions
Bullroar VoIP Services are different from traditional landline services in a number of ways. Events and circumstances beyond our control may affect the quality or availability of the Service, such as power outages, fluctuations in demand for Services or fluctuations in demand for internet or communications services or facilities, equipment malfunctions and software errors and problems in your underlying broadband service. Other things may affect Service, such as maintenance and repair, scheduled downtime, etc. BULLROAR will act in good faith to minimize disruptions to your use of and access to Service.
2.7 Ownership and Risk of Loss
Unless you agree to rent or lease the Device in a separate written instrument with BULLROAR, upon the later of payment in full of the set-up fees or equipment fees specified on the Signed Quote or delivery of the Device to you, BULLROAR shall, and hereby does, sell, convey and transfer the Device to you AS IS and without warranty or representation of any kind or nature from BULLROAR. However, BULLROAR shall, and hereby does, to the extent assignable, assign or transfer to you all applicable manufacturer warranties on the Device. From and after the date of shipment of the Device to you, you shall bear all risk of loss of, theft of, casualty to or damage to the Device.
2.8 Virtually Unlimited Calling
Virtual PBX users are eligible for Virtually Unlimited Calling. Virtually Unlimited Calling means that you will never be billed for calls within the continental United States that fall within the guidelines of normal business use. Calls placed or received that do not fall within the guidelines of normal business use are, but not limited to: any call center usage, continuous or excessive call forwarding, any fax or call distribution usage regardless of purpose (including political campaigns), any unlawful activities, or any excessive high volume short duration calling. Any usage that falls outside the guidelines of normal business use may be subject to additional usage charges and/or may constitute termination of service.
2.9 Authorized User
An authorized user on your account has permission to make changes to your account and to discuss account-specific information. Examples include changing the security password, adding billable services, authorizing additional users, and requesting invoice copies. In general, an authorized user has complete control of your account. An account can have as few or as many authorized users as requested. If your account has a single contact, that contact will automatically be granted Authorized User status.
2.10 Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
CPNI refers to information specific to an account such as call usage information and services on an account. Some examples are call time, call date, call duration, phone numbers in service, and billing information. Disclosure of CPNI is regulated by the FCC. When calling to request or discuss CPNI, the caller must provide the account’s security password and must be an authorized user. If the security password is not known and/or the caller is not an authorized user, we are able to provide the requested CPNI in the following ways: (1) The requested information can be mailed to a postal address of record. The only acceptable postal addresses of record are the account’s Service Address and Bill-to Address. (2) We can call you at a phone number of record. A phone number of record must be a phone number in service on the account. The call recipient must be identified as an authorized user. If CPNI is requested in person, the requestor must present their own government-issued photo ID. The requestor must also be an authorized user on the account.
2.11 Static IP Address
Each service location must be in a network with a public static IP address. Static IP addresses are used as a security measure to allow call traffic only to known locations.
BULLROAR Service utilizes, in whole or in part, the public Internet and third party networks to transmit voice and other communications. BULLROAR is not liable for any lack of privacy which may be experienced with regard to the Service.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION, WARRANTIES
3.1 Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BULLROAR BE LIABLE TO YOU, YOUR REPRESENTATIVES, OR AUTHORIZED ASSIGNS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE ABSENCE, DELAY, FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, THE INABILITY TO DIAL 911 OR E911 TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL, THE INABILITY TO DIAL SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE PREVENTION/ PROTECTION SERVICES OR SYSTEMS, THE DEVICE, THE USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO USE THE DEVICE, THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE, AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT. NOR SHALL BULLROAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING 911 DIALING, AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME, OR FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OR DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY CAUSED BY ANY REASON INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: AN ACT OR OMISSION OF AN UNDERLYING CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, VENDOR OR THIRD PARTY, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY UPGRADE, SERVICE, MAINTENANCE, MODIFICATION, SHORTAGE, OR RELOCATION, FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, ADVERSE WEATHER, STRIKES, FIRE, WAR, RIOT, GOVERNMENT ACTIONS OR TERRORISM, SERVICE, DEVICE, EQUIPMENT, NETWORK OR FACILITY FAILURE CAUSED BY THE LOSS OF POWER OR INTERNET SERVICE TO BULLROAR OR CUSTOMER, AND ANY CAUSE THAT IS BEYOND BULLROAR’S CONTROL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE FAILURE OF AN INCOMING OR OUTGOING COMMUNICATION, THE INABILITY OF COMMUNICATIONS TO BE CONNECTED OR COMPLETED, INCLUDING 911 DIALING, OR DEGRADATION OF VOICE QUALITY. BULLROAR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO BULLROAR’S OR CUSTOMER’S TRANSMISSION FACILITIES OR PREMISES, EQUIPMENT OR FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, CUSTOMER’S DATA FILES, PROGRAMS, PROCEDURES, OR INFORMATION THROUGH ACCIDENT, FRAUDULENT MEANS OR DEVICES OR ANY OTHER METHOD, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OCCURS AS A RESULT OF BULLROAR’S NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS. BULLROAR’S LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SERVICE CHARGES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED TIME PERIOD. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS FOUNDED IN BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, TORT, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND APPLY WHETHER OR NOT BULLROAR WAS INFORMED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF ANY PARTICULAR TYPE OF DAMAGE. FURTHER, YOU AGREE TO REIMBURSE BULLROAR FOR ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIMS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND LITIGATION COSTS. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE APPLIED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, BUT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION IS DETERMINED TO BE UNLAWFUL, THEN THIS SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT LIABILITY AGAINST BULLROAR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER THE LAW.
3.2 Indemnification and Waiver of Claims
YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR DEVICE BY YOURSELF AND BY ANY PERSON MAKING USE OF THE SERVICE OR DEVICE, AND YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS BULLROAR AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH USE THAT FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS BULLROAR FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LOSSES, LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OF WHATEVER KIND AND NATURE RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE ABSENCE, FAILURE OR OUTAGE OF THE SERVICE, THE INABILITY TO DIAL 911 OR E911 TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL, THE INABILITY TO DIAL SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR FIRE PREVENTION/ PROTECTION SERVICES OR SYSTEMS, THE DEVICE, THE USE OF AND/OR INABILITY TO USE THE DEVICE, THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE, AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS THE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISE FROM OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS, OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE THE AGREEMENT.
3.3 No Third Party Beneficiaries
Except as expressly set forth herein, no provision of this Agreement provides any person or entity not a party to this Agreement with any remedy, claim, liability, reimbursement, or cause of action or creates any other third party beneficiary rights.
4. CHARGES, PAYMENTS, TAXES, DISCONNECTION
When the Service is activated, you must provide us with a valid billing address. BULLROAR will provide you with an account statement at the end of every month. You agree to pay the balance on the account as shown in the statement within twenty (20) days, without deduction or offset of any kind or nature. Delinquent amounts may bear interest. Your bill will be computed based on service fees and your per-minute usage, as applicable, as described in the Signed Quote. State and/or local governments may assess fees on BULLROAR to pay for emergency services in your community. BULLROAR bills and collects 911 fees from its customers and remits such fees to the appropriate authority.
4.2 Billing Disputes
You must notify us in writing within ten (10) calendar days after the date of your account statement if you dispute any charges on that statement or you will be deemed to have accepted such statement and waived any right to contest such charges. All notices of disputed charges should be sent to:
ATTN: Billing Disputes
P.O. Box 2226
Mandeville, LA 70470
4.3 Disconnection, Discontinuance of Service
We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue your Service at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, without cause, after giving ten (10) days notice. If we discontinue your Service without cause, you will only be responsible for charges accrued through the date of disconnection. In addition, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, we may terminate this Agreement or disconnect your Service immediately following written notice of said breach. If your Service is disconnected on account of your breach of any provision of this Agreement, you will be responsible for the full month’s charges to the end of the current term, including, without limitation, unbilled charges, plus the disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will immediately become due and payable. BULLROAR will pursue collection for unpaid amounts on disconnected accounts and may report to credit bureaus.
State and local governments may assess taxes, surcharges and/or fees on your use of the Service or Device. These charges may be a flat fee or a percentage of your charges and may change from time to time without notice. These charges are based on the rates applicable to the service address you provided to us. You are responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, local or other governmental sales, use, excise, value-added, personal property, public utility or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future, that arise from or as a result of your subscription, use, or payment for the Service or a Device. Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Service or Devices and will be billed to you as set forth in this Agreement. If you are exempt from payment of such taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such certificate.
5.1 Governing Law
The Agreement and the relationship between you and us is governed by the laws of the State of Louisiana without regard to its conflict of law provisions. To the extent court action is initiated to enforce an arbitration award or for any other reason, you shall submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Louisiana and waive any objection as to venue or inconvenient forum.
5.2 No Waiver of Rights
Any party’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
5.3 Entire Agreement
This Agreement, including any future modifications as may occur within the terms of the Agreement, and the rates for Services found in the Signed Quote constitute the entire agreement between you and BULLROAR and govern the use of the Service by you, guests and employees. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements between you and BULLROAR and any and all prior or contemporaneous statements, understandings, writings, commitments, or representations, whether written or verbal, concerning its subject matter. This Agreement may not be changed orally.
If any part of this Agreement is legally declared invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of this Agreement will remain valid and enforceable. Such invalidity or non-enforceability will not invalidate or render unenforceable any other portion of this Agreement.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, all provisions regarding limitation of liability, indemnification, payments or compensation to BULLROAR of any kind or nature, disclaimers of warranties and all provisions in this Section 5 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
5.6 Attorney Fees
In the event BULLROAR undertakes collection efforts against you by and through an attorney, or initiates an action or suit to enforce the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to the payment of reasonable attorneys fees and costs, together with such other legal costs as may be authorized by law.
All notices, requests, demands, claims and other communications hereunder shall be in writing. Any notice, request, demand, claim or other communication hereunder shall be deemed duly given
(1) when delivered personally to the recipient,
- (2) one (1) business day after being sent to the recipient by reputable overnight courier service (charges prepaid)
- (3) one (1) business day after being sent to the recipient by facsimile transmission or electronic mail, or
- (4) four (4) business days after being mailed to the recipient by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid, and addressed to as follows: if to you, to the address, facsimile number, electronic mail address reflected on the Company books and records and, if to BULLROAR, to the address or electronic mail address specified in Section 4.2. Any party may change the address to which notices, requests, demands, claims and other communications hereunder are to be delivered by giving the other party notice in the manner herein set forth.
5.8 Future changes to this agreement
We may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time by providing not less than ten (10) days written notice to you. Such notice may be given by regular U.S. Mail (including in written notices accompanying your account statements), by facsimile, or by electronic mail to the last e-mail address for notices that you have provided to BULLROAR.